Emily Windsnap Series by Liz Kessler
A young girl learns she’s half mermaid and plunges into a scheme to reunite with her father in this entrancing, satisfying tale that beckons readers far below the waves.
Emily Windsnap is a series of children's fantasy novels written by British author Liz Kessler, inaugurated by The Tail of Emily Windsnap in 2003 and continuing as of 2020. It is illustrated primarily by Sarah Gibb
For as long as she can remember, twelve-year-old Emily Windsnap has lived on a boat. And, oddly enough, for just as long, her mother has seemed anxious to keep Emily away from the water. But when Mom finally agrees to let her take swimming lessons, Emily makes a startling discovery — about her own identity, the mysterious father she’s never met, and the thrilling possibilities and perils shimmering deep below the water’s surface. With a sure sense of suspense and richly imaginative details, first-time author Liz Kessler lures us into a glorious undersea world where mermaids study shipwrecks at school and Neptune rules with an iron trident — an enchanting fantasy about family secrets, loyal friendship, and the convention-defying power of love.
1. The Tail of Emily Windsnap (2003)
2. Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep (2004)
3. Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist (2006)
4. Emily Windsnap and the Siren's Secret (2009)
5. Emily Windsnap and the Land of the Midnight Sun (2012)
6. Emily Windsnap and the Ship of Lost Souls (2015)
7. Emily Windsnap and the Falls of Forgotten Island (2018)
8. Emily Windsnap and the Pirate Prince (2019)
9. Emily Windsnap and the Tides of Time (2020)
We Also Recommend
Still Me by Jojo Moyes
Harry Potter Boxed Set: The Complete Collection