The Human Body
WOW! I didn’t know that!
How does the heart pump blood?
Why must we protect our skin from the sun?
What is DNA?
How do we fight germs?
Why do we sweat when we are hot?
Discover the fascinating systems at work in our bodies – from tiny cells to powerful muscles, the digestive system to breathing.
stunning cutaway pictures with lively, informative text make this book an excellent introduction to the astonishing world of the human body.
Condition: New 5/5 | Language: English | Publisher: Hours Editions | Published: 2008 | Format: Hard Cover | Pages: 34 | ISBN: 9781899762859
Kampong Ayer: Kota Seribu Air (Kumpulan Sajak)
Kumpulam sajak Kampong Ayer Kota Seribu Air ini mengemukakan sajak-sajak yang membawa persoalan mengenai Kampong Ayer, tempat-tempat bersejarah dan tokoh-tokoh tertentu yang mempunyai kaitan rapat dengan Kampong Ayer. Sajak-sajak lain yang termuat dalam kumpulan sajak ini adalah tentang Temburong, MIB, tokoh-tokoh tertentu yang dikagumi penyair dan puisi-puisi keagamaan (Islam). Berdasarkan penilitian yang dibuat, sajak-sajak yang dihasilkan mempunyai kaitan rapat dengan penyair. Misalnya nostalgia tentang Kampong Ayer pada masa lalu, Masjid Omar ‘Ali Saifuddien, peristiwa 8 Disember 1962, suka-duka pengembaraan mencari ilmu, hubungan persaudaraan rakyat Brunei dengan Sabah, tentang daerah Temburong dan penduduknya, dan pengalaman merantau keluar negara. Persoalan-persoalan yang dikemukan ini mempunyai hubungan yang rapat dengan pengalaman penyair sendiri yang terhasil dari sensitiviti dan daya kreativiti iaitu respon yang terhasil daripada apa yang dilihat, dirasa dan dialami; dan ini ada hubungan dengan dialog pengarang dengan manusia, alam dan persekitaran.
Condition: New 5/5 | Language: Malay | Publisher: Pentagram Design Sdn. Bhd | Published: 2013 | Format: Paperback | Pages: 93 | ISBN: 9789991793245
Produced by Peyron Singapore, it is translated by Lok Lee Jiun and Serene Ding, with illustrations by Aditya Pratama and songs performed by Kezia Evana Jaya.
Rasa Sayang Sing and Record Fun Book.
Welcome to the world Rasa Sayang Sing-and-Record Fun Book! This book features 7 beloved folk songs that have been an integral part of Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei’s culture for generations. They are the essence of social connectivity and part of a child’s life.
Now, let us take you to this delightful world through the push of a button. You can also record your own singing and play back to listen! Enjoy!
Condition: New 5/5 | Language: English/Malay | Publisher: Peyron Singapore Pte. Ltd | Published: 2016 | Format: Hard Cover | Pages: 13 | ISBN: 9789810987060
Zakat Management in Brunei Darussalam Funding the Economic Activities for the Poor (2nd Edition).
This study in this book investigated the role of the zakat institution in the socio-economic aspects of Brunei Darussalam. It studied the utilization of the zakat fund in helping the poor and the needy through capital aid as part of the long-term rehabilitation program.
Other Books from this Author
Condition: New 5/5 | Language: English | Publisher: UNISSA Press | Published: 2015 (2nd Edition) | Format: Paperback | Pages: 102 | ISBN: 9789991765860
It is a record of His Royal Highness’ work during the 30 years in which he represented the Government of His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu’izzaddin Waddaulah ibni Al-Marhum Sultan Haji Omar ‘Ali Saifuddien Sa’adul Khairi Waddien, Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, as Minister of Foreign Affairs and, later, as Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
As its title suggests, ‘Sana’a to San Jose: 1984-2015’ presents more than a local perspective.
Its focus throughout is on Brunei Darussalam’s relations with the international world of over 200 independent nations.
It sets out to show how a very small nation has made a positive, constructive contribution to this world.
It takes inspiration from the 1984 address by His Majesty on the occasion of joining the United Nations.
It identifies our principal points of international reference as regional, spiritual and global, through the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean), the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) and the United Nations (UN).
Throughout the 30-year period, His Royal Highness stresses the consistency of Brunei Darussalam’s approach to world affairs, from which the country has never veered.
That consistency has remained since the 1984 address to the UN.
Buku Kenali Rasul Kita Muhammad SAW merupakan hasil terjemahan daripada Matan asy-Syamail al-Muhammadiyyah karangan Imam at-Tirmizi. Buku ini bukan hanya menghimpunkan hadis tentang akhlak dan budi pekerti Nabi Muhammad SAW, tetapi dimasukkan juga hadis tentang sifat-sifat fizikal, pakaian, makanan, minuman, ibadah, pergaulan dan sebagainya yang berkait dengan kehidupan Baginda secara menyeluruh.
Condition: New 5/5 | Language: MALAY | Publisher: USTAZ ADNAN FADZIL | Published: FEBRUARI 2014 | Format: HARDCOVER | Pages: 685 | ISBN: 9789673881512
Find out where great ideas come from.
A businessman struggles with his luggage at an airport and pioneers the wheeled suitcase. An engineer watches people using walkie-talkies and dreams up the mobile phone. A printer is frustrated by his unpredictable inks and creates the Pantone colour system.
Why were these particular people able to identify a problem, and how did they discover the solutions that everyone else missed? Where exactly did their great ideas come from, and how did they go about making them a reality?
In pursuit of answers, Pagan Kennedy has spent her career examining the creative process, interviewing inventors and engineers, scientists, psychologists and economists in a bid to understand how we create. In Inventology Kennedy collects their wisdom and explores a series of landmark inventions, taking us through the processes by which we have come to dream up new products and technologies, and conceived solutions to ‘impossible’ problems.
A must-read for anyone who is curious about imagination, design and innovation, Inventology will inspire and entertain, and will show you how to become more creative.
Condition: New 5/5 | Language: English | Publisher: Pagan Kennedy | Published: January 26th 2016 | Format: Paperback | Pages: 288 | ISBN: 9780593073476
Mengerjakan ibadah haji memerlukan kita berfikir dan bertindak mengikut arahan. Bagi orang yang berfikir dan berusaha menghayati ibadah ini sepenuh hati dan perasaan, mereka pastinya melalui dimensi kehidupan yang berbeza.
Apabila kita menyelami segala aturannya dengan bersungguh-sungguh. kita bertemu dengan mutiara-mutiara yang indah dan mahal harganya. oleh sebab rahsia yang tersirat ini tidak diteroka, akhirnya mutiara-mutiara itu tetap tersimpan dan terus menjadi misteri. Buku ini memberi jawapannya dalam pencarian haji yang mabrur.
Condition: New 5/5 | Language: Malay | Publisher: Mohamad Zaki Abdul Halim | Published: 2016 | Format: Paperback | ISBN: 9789830973357
Kris Karmila adalah seorang penulis wanita Brunei Darussalam yang proaktif dalam bidang penulisan puisi dan lirik (lagu-lagu puisi). Dia merupakan pendeklamator yang sangat aktif mendeklamasikan puisi baik di dalam negeri atau di luar negeri. Kris Karmila seorang yang gigih dalam memajukan dirinya khusus dalam bidang yang diceburinya pada masa ini dan boleh melangkah lebih jauh lagi untuk mengangkat prestasi penulisan yang cemerlang.
Penerbit: Yayasan Panggung Melayu
Penulis: Kris Karmila
Format cetakan: Kulit tebal
Cetakan ketiga, Julai 2016.
Majlis Fatwa Kebangsaan yang bersidang pada 22-24 Oktober 2008 telah mengeluarkan fatwa pengharaman yoga. Buku ini bertujuan merungkai persoalan masyarakat awam yang keliru dengan pengharaman tersebut kerana mereka telah menerima yoga sebagai satu senaman yang menyihatkan tubuh badan. Penulisan buku ini mengaitkan amalan yoga ini dengan tasawuf dalam Islam serta membuat perbandingan amalan yoga dalam agama-agama lain. Buku ini juga mempunyai unsur-unsur Hindu-Budha dan mempunyai pengaruh di Nusantara dan Barat termasuk dalam masyarakat Islam sendiri.
Condition: New 5/5 | Language: Malay | Published: August 2015 | Publisher: Dewan Bahasa & Pustaka | Format: Kulit Nipis | Pages: 296 | ISBN: 9789834615482
P.H. Mohammad Abd. Rahman, penerima anugerah SEA Write Award 2008 menghasilkan 25 buah puisi berunsur Islam beserta intisarinya yang termuat dalam ‘Puisi dan Intisari’ yang terhasil dari pengamatan terhadap alam sekeliling, cinta kepada Tuhan yang Maha Esa, cinta kepada Junjungan kita Rasulullah Salallahu ‘alaihi Wassalam, semangat patriotik, isu-isu kemasyarakatan, sosial dan akhlak, serta berbagai pengalaman suka duka dalam kehidupan.
Other Books from this Author
Condition: New 5/5 | Language: Malay | Publisher: PDI | Published: 2014 | Format: Paperback | Pages: 128 | ISBN: 9789991762395
This Book NEW ERA TOPICAL MASTERY – PRINCIPLES OF ACCOUNTS (YEAR 9) is specially prepared to provide students with on-in-depth knowledge of various topics taught in this subject. It is designed and presented in accordance with the latest GCE ‘o’ Level – Principles Of Accounts Syllabus (7110) issued by the University Of Cambridge International Examination board. This book is also suitable for use with IGCSE Accounting Syllabus (0452)
Feature of this book Include:
“special matter of each topic is well classified under headings and main points to make learning more simple and effective”
“Specially designed for individual self-study and reference, i.e. A concept map is constructed to help students revise with ease and confidence.
“specially highlights and attention is drawn to important words phases with a bold type face. In each topic provides students with either brief definitions or explanations to some of the terms introduced.
“Cover Examination requirements at this, i.e in preparations for GCE ‘o’ Level Examination and IGCSE Accounting Examination.
“Complete with diagnostic and, where necessary, Multiple choice questions and IGCSE Accounting, Fill in the Blank, Exercises and Practices is given at the end of each topic.
“New Terminology included for easy reference”
This is also the age of the great transfer of wealth! We are seeing in our generation, the largest transfer of money in the history of the world. The trust is expected to feature in much of the wealth transfer. According to the Merrill Lynch Capgemini World Wealth Report of 2007b, The wealth of Asia-Pacific High Net Worth Individuals (“HWNIs”) totalled US$8.4 trillion in 2006 with the overall HWNI population growing by 8.6% in that year. India, China, Indonesia and Singapore were among the top ten countries with the fastest growing HNWI populations.
Trust and Fiduciary services increasingly feature and complement the wealth management services offered in many established jurisdictions. In Singapore, amendments were made to the Trustee Act in December 2004. This was a major step in modernizing the trust law in Singapore and to boost Singapore’s efforts to establish itself as a centre for wealth management and offshore trust.
This book, now in it’s 2nd edition provides a timely and comprehensive coverage of the various aspects concerning trusts and succession in wealth management. It is written for financial services professionals to help them plan in matters such as the structuring of a suitable vehicle for their clients to hold investments and other assets and the distribution of the Client’s wealth.
From the creators of the wildly popular and seriously scientific YouTube channel, AsapSCIENCE, comes entertaining, irreverent, and totally accessible answers to the questions you never got to ask in science class.
Why do we get hung over? What would happen if you stopped sleeping? Is binge-watching TV actually bad for you? Why should I take a power nap? In their first-ever book, Mitchell Moffit and Greg Brown, the geniuses behind YouTube channel AsapSCIENCE, explain the true science of how things work in their trademark hilarious and fascinating fashion.
Applying the fun, illustrated format of their addictive videos to topics ranging from brain freeze to hiccups to the science of the snooze button, AsapSCIENCE takes the underpinnings of biology, chemistry, physics, and other hard sciences and applies them to everyday life through quirky and relatable examples that will appeal to both science nerds and those who didn’t ace chemistry. This is the science that people actually want to learn, shared in a friendly, engaging style. And in the spirit of science, no subject is taboo. Amid the humor is great information and cocktail conversation fodder, all thoughtfully presented. Whether you’re a total newbie or the next Albert Einstein, this guide is sure to educate and entertain…ASAP.
AsapSCIENCE: Answers to the World’s Weirdest Questions, Most Persistent Rumors, and Unexplained Phenomena
Other Books from this Author
Condition: New 5/5 | Language: English | Publisher: Scribner | Published: March 17th 2015 | Format: Hardcover | Pages: 256 | ISBN: 9781476756219
This work is part of a debate that takes on the case of Brunei Darussalam. It offers the reader a good insight into Brunei, developments in its educational history and the way forward in order to attain one of the key targets in the goals of the nation. The work is rigorous, analytical, fair and hugely informative. I know it because I had the honour to supervise the original doctoral thesis that formed its foundation. Hence, I will seriously recommend this work to both specialist and non-specialist in education, Islamic Education for that matter, and those with special interest in the education system in Brunei Darussalam. The Educational System In Brunei Darussalam
Other Books from this Author
Condition: New 5/5 | Language: English | Publisher: UBD PRESS | Published: 2014 | Format: Paperback | Pages: 205 | ISBN: 9789991712727
Commanding the second-highest GDP per capita among all ASEAN member nations at $39,700 in 2013, Brunei Darussalam remains one of the most advanced economies in the South-east Asia region. Historically, the hydrocarbons industry has dominated the Bruneian economy and allowed the country to amass considerable wealth. However, the nation is making an earnest effort to diversify its economy to ensure future economic stability and sustainability.
Thanks in large part to the efforts of the Brunei Economic Development Board, the nation has successfully brought in several major international investments in recent years, including a multi-purpose defence and aviation training centre.
The Sultanate is also targeting growth in bio-industry through investments in research and development, as well as expanding the global reach of its halal food industry.
Drafting and Negotiating Commercial Contracts, Third Edition is the ‘one-stop-shop’ for practical contractual matters, making it essential reading for commercial lawyers, contract managers and anyone involved in negotiating and drafting commercial contracts. This book includes: A guide to the common legal issues in negotiating and drafting contracts; An explanation of the structure and content of a commercial contract; Good and bad practice in drafting (and in using clear, modern English); The meaning of and use of commonly-used words, phrases and legal jargon; The formalities for creating and signing contracts; Commentary on the use of electronic drafting and electronic signatures; Guidance on the interpretation of contracts. The Third Edition has been fully updated to include expanded commentary and more practical information on contract drafting, such as the use of numbers, formulas, equations, tables and pronouns. There are new chapters on: How to check and what to check for in a contract to eliminate errors (including checklists of what to check for in different situations); Drafting and legal issues that businesses need to take into account when contracting with consumers; Advanced drafting techniques. 9781847667441
1. About the Author(s): Mark Anderson is Managing Partner of Anderson Law LLP and is ranked as a leading individual in Chambers Directory UK 2012. He has over 25 years’ experience of drafting, negotiating and advising on commercial contracts. Most of his clients are technology-based companies and universities, based in the UK, continental Europe and the United States. Victor Warner is a solicitor at Anderson Law LLP specialising in intellectual property and technology law. He is the principal author of Technology Transfer (Bloomsbury Professional), several volumes of Encyclopaedia of Forms and Precedents, and the Execution of Documents (Law Society). He is also a co-author with Mark Anderson of A-Z Guide to Boilerplate and Commercial Clauses also published by Bloomsbury Professional, a companion volume to Drafting and Negotiating Commercial Contracts.
2. New or Used: New 3. Condition (1-5): 5
Drafting and Negotiating Commercial Contracts
The Larson CALCULUS, 9th, International Edition program has a long history of innovation in the calculus market. It has been widely praised by a generation of students and professors for its solid and effective pedagogy that addresses the needs of a broad range of teaching and learning styles and environments. Each title is just one component in a comprehensive calculus course program that carefully integrates and coordinates print, media, and technology products for successful teaching and learning. For the ninth edition of CALCULUS, the authors analyzed the copious data they receive from their website, http: //www.CalcChat.com. The site offers free solutions to odd-numbered exercises in the text. The site currently has over 1 million hits per month. The authors analyzed these hits to see which exercise solutions students were accessing most often. They revised and refined the exercise sets based on this analysis. The result is the only calculus book on the market that uses real data about its exercises to address student needs. 9781439030332
1. About the Author(s): Dr. Ron Larson is a professor of mathematics at The Pennsylvania State University, where he has taught since 1970. He received his Ph.D. in mathematics from the University of Colorado and is considered the pioneer of using multimedia to enhance the learning of mathematics, having authored over 30 software titles since 1990. Dr. Larson conducts numerous seminars and in-service workshops for math educators around the country about using computer technology as an instructional tool and motivational aid. Dr. Bruce H. Edwards is Professor of Mathematics at the University of Florida. Professor Edwards received his B.S. in Mathematics from Stanford University and his Ph.D. in Mathematics from Dartmouth College. He taught mathematics at a university near Bogotá, Colombia, as a Peace Corps volunteer. While teaching at the University of Florida, Professor Edwards has won many teaching awards, including Teacher of the Year in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Liberal Arts and Sciences Student Council Teacher of the Year, and the University of Florida Honors Program Teacher of the Year. He was selected by the Office of Alumni Affairs to be the Distinguished Alumni Professor for 1991-1993.
2. New or Used: New 3. Condition (1-5): 5
Oxford Dictionary of Psychology is The most comprehensive A-Z of psychology with over 11,000 authoritative and up-to-date entries, this best-selling dictionary covers all branches of psychology, including psychoanalysis, psychiatry, criminology, neuroscience, and statistics. It features comprehensive coverage of key areas, for example, cognition, sensation and perception, emotion and motivation, learning and skills, language, mental disorder, and research methods. Entries provide clear and concise definitions, word origins and derivations, and they are extensively cross-referenced for ease of use. In addition, over 80 illustrations complement the text. Detailed appendices follow the A-Z dictionary and include a list of 800 commonly used abbreviations and symbols, and a list of phobias and phobic stimuli with full definitions. Now containing an appendix of recommended web links, which are accessed and kept up to date via the Dictionary of Psychology website, this edition is loaded with more information than any other dictionary of its kind. A Dictionary of Psychology is an invaluable work of reference for students and teachers of psychology and related disciplines, professionals, and is ideally suited to anyone with an interest in the workings of the mind. 9780199534067
1. About the Author(s): Andrew Colman is Professor of Psychology at the University of Leicester and a Fellow of the British Psychological Society. He is interested in judgment and decision making in general, especially game theory, experimental games, and cooperative reasoning. He is also interested in the evolution of cooperation and psychometrics. He is member of the Leicester Judgment and Decision Making Lab.
2. New or Used: New 3. Condition (1-5): 5
Principles of Economics, 5/e, International Edition continues to be the most popular and widely used text in economics classrooms today. The fifth edition features a strong revision of content in all 36 chapters while maintaining the clear, accessible writing style and precise presentation that are the hallmark of this highly respected author. Dozens of new applications emphasize the real-world relevance of economics for today’s students through interesting news articles, realistic case studies, and engaging problems. The new edition also features an expanded instructor’s resource package designed to assist in course planning and classroom presentation, as well as full integration of content with Aplia. ‘I have tried to put myself in the position of someone seeing economics for the first time. My goal is to emphasize the material that students should and do find interesting about the study of the economy’ – N. Gregory Mankiw. 9780324594669
1. About the Author(s): N. Gregory Mankiw is Professor of Economics at Harvard University.
2. New or Used: Used 3. Condition (1-5): 4/5
Introduce your students to the new generation of Microsoft Office with the new generation of Shelly Cashman Series books! For the past three decades, the Shelly Cashman Series has effectively introduced computer skills to millions of students. With Office 2007, we’re continuing our history of innovation by enhancing our proven pedagogy to reflect the learning styles of today’s students. In Microsoft Office 2007: Advanced Concepts and Techniques you’ll find features that are specifically designed to engage students, improve retention, and prepare them for future success. Our trademark step-by-step, screen-by-screen approach now encourages students to expand their understanding of the Office 2007 software through experimentation, exploration, and planning ahead. Brand new end of chapter exercises prepare students to become more capable software users by requiring them to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to create real-life documents. 9781439080139
1. About the Author(s): Gary B. Shelly wrote and published his first computer education textbook in 1969. More than twenty million copies of Shelly Cashman Series’ textbooks have been sold. Gary and a talented group of contributing authors have produced books on computer programming, computer concepts, and application software that are the leading textbooks in the computer technology market today. Gary has hosted the annual Shelly Cashman Institute, a week-long training event focusing on the latest topics in technology, for the past 34 years. Thomas J. Cashman received his education at California State University, Los Angeles. He established one of the first business data processing programs in the U.S. at Long Beach City College in California, where he taught and served as department head. In 1969, he began collaborating with now best-selling author, Gary Shelly.
2. New or Used: Used 3. Condition (1-5): 5
(BioTechniques Books) FBI, Washington, DC. Laboratory manual provides a comprehensive compendium of DNA typing techniques. Compiled by a team of prominent biomolecular scientists from the FBI Forensic Sciences Research and Training Laboratory. Topics include DNA extraction techniques. Outline format. Plastic-comb binding. 9781881299233
1. About the Author(s): Bruce Budowle, Jenifer Smith, Tamyra Moretti
2. New or Used: New 3. Condition (1-5): 4/5
A state-of-the-art collection of readily reproducible laboratory methods for DNA identity analysis, including Y chromosome haplotyping, mtDNA, and SNP typing. The book offers well-tested protocols for DNA quantification using real-time PCR on forensic samples and for the determination of the number of amelogenine gene copies. For forensic geneticists, there are readily reproducible methods for species identification, ancient DNA, and pharmacogenetics. Additional chapters address new applications in the forensic genetics lab, such a species identification or typing of CYP polymorphisms for the analysis of adverse to drugs. 9781617374623
1. About the Author(s): Angel Carracedo obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Medicine in 1978 from the University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain), and his Ph.D. four years afterwards at the same university. He has participated within the council of the International Society for Forensic Genetics since 1990, and presided the organization since from 1999 until 2005. Carracedo is the actual Vice-President of the International Academia of Legal Medicine, president of MAFS (Mediterranean Academy of Forensic Sciences) and is also editor of various scientific journals in the forensic field. Carracedo is one of the founders and the actual President of the Spanish Society of Pharmacogenomics and Pharmacogenetics (SEFF).
2. New or Used: New 3. Condition (1-5): 5
Research Methods in Physical Activity, Sixth Edition, presents an engaging overview of the research process and available methods for students researching within all subdisciplines of kinesiology and exercise science as well as physical therapy, rehabilitation, and occupational therapy. In addition to improvements and enhancements in this 6th edition, Research Methods in Physical Activity maintains the logical progression and presentation of information that make it the leading text in the field. It discusses all stages of the research process–including formulating and defining a research problem, analyzing data, and presenting results–and offers students practical help with the logistics of beginning, conducting, and completing their research. Readers are introduced to basic statistical and measurement concepts and learn how to complete statistical analysis of research results. Individual chapters on historical, philosophical, epidemiological, descriptive, experimental, and qualitative research acquaint students with possible research approaches, while a new final chapter in that section introduces mixed-methods models that combine different categories of research into one study. In those chapters, four scholarly contributors lend their expertise to provide in-depth knowledge from their respective fields. In addition, humorous stories, anecdotes, and photos are sprinkled throughout the text to demonstrate key points and enliven the reading without detracting from the content. The text concludes with instructions on preparing and presenting the research report. By systematically guiding the reader through the research process, “Research Methods in Physical Activity,” ” Sixth Edition,” provides practical research tools and replaces research-induced anxiety and confusion with competency in understanding, planning, conducting, assessing, and presenting research. 9780736089395
1. About the Author(s): Jerry R. Thomas, EdD, is professor and dean of the College of Education at the University of North Texas. Besides writing the previous editions of this book, Thomas has authored more than 200 publications, over 120 of which are refereed publications, with numerous contributions in research methods. Thomas has served as editor in chief for Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport and as president of the American Academy of Kinesiology and Physical Education, American Kinesiology Association, AAHPERD Research Consortium, and of the North American Society for Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity. Jack K. Nelson, EdD, is professor emeritus in the department of kinesiology at Louisiana State University. Nelson conducted and published research and taught research methods for 35 years. He has advised more than 50 doctoral dissertations and more than 50 masters’ theses. A fellow in the Research Consortium, he has been a member of AAHPERD, the American Educational Research Association, and the American College of Sports Medicine. Stephen Silverman, EdD, has taught and written about research methods for over 25 years. He is a professor of education at Teachers College, Columbia University, and he has conducted research on teaching in physical education focusing on how children learn motor skill and develop attitudes. He has published more than 60 research articles in addition to many books and book chapters. Silverman is a fellow and past president of both the American Academy of Kinesiology and Physical Education and the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD) Research Consortium, and a fellow of the American Educational Research Association (AERA).
2. New or Used: New 3. Condition (1-5): 5/5